Anniversary Weekend

Anniversary Weekend

Our wedding anniversary is on August 1st and it’s rare that we get to actually celebrate it together. During normal years, William is usually off doing Renaissance Faire stuff the first three weekends of August (plus the last one in July for setup) and he’s too tired to try and do something on a weeknight. This year, however, thanks to the pandemic, the Renaissance Faire was canceled and I had him all to myself!

We decided to spend the weekend in Port Townsend at the Old Consulate Inn. One, because it’s so lovey, and two, because we could visit with old friends (who own the Inn).

We loaded up our bikes so we could do a ride together on the peninsula and caught the ferry from Edmonds.

Friday night was low-keyed. We ate out at a nice restaurant in town. Afterwards, William spent the evening in the gazebo with our friend Nathan, catching up since it had been awhile since they saw each other. I opted to read in the room after a short bike ride.

Breakfast on Saturday morning was so scrumptious! Plus, we had a great bottle of champagne so we could have mimosas to help celebrate our special day (well, actually the day after our anniversary). Our friend, Cindy, is a fabulous cook. She accommodated William’s gluten allergy as well as my aversion to hard egg yoke (I was traumatized by an egg as a kid).

After breakfast, we drove to the trailhead near Sequim to park and hop onto the Olympic Discovery Trail. I love this trail and was eager to share it with my honey. The only downside was that I had to ride slower than usual since William was on a regular bike and I ride an eBike.

We rode through Sequim to the other side of town to the Dungeness Bridge Park (see my previous post about this trail). It has a really cool bridge, bathrooms and a picnic shelter, where we ate our lunch.

There’s an amphitheater at this park, too, and while we ate our lunch, we were treated to music by a trio who did songs by Frank Sinatra and similar.

Our bike ride was 10 miles round trip and William was tuckered out. I’m used to riding further, so I went on a ride to Marrow Island while William napped. I forgot to put my state park disabled vet pass on my car dash and came back to a ticket. I found the ranger and showed him my pass and he took the ticket back (two weeks later, I got a ticket from the court for $99 since the ranger apparently turned it in anyway…copied my card and sent a letter, so I’m hoping that’s the end of the matter).

After breakfast on Sunday, we tried to drive up to Hurricane Ridge (William has never been there), but the backup to get in was too long. So, we headed back home. Because of the pandemic, only one ferry was running on the weekend, so we had a two hour wait. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow!

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Don`t copy !